Just got hitched and looking for a romantic honeymoon destination? Phuket is the one place you can consider without a second thought. A tropical Paradise in the Andaman’s, Phuket is loaded with ingredients of romantic getaway. However being a very popular Holiday destination, a holiday in Phuket during peak season (November to April) can be an expensive affair but you could very well enjoy a romantic getaway in Phuket even during the Monsoon period, between April and November, referred to as the Low Season, when the crowds are missing and hence the prices drop drastically allowing you to experience this paradise without digging a hole in your pockets. So definitely Phuket is one of the best options for an economical romantic getaway for honeymooners between April and November.
Phuket boasts of beautiful beaches, tropical forests, animal sanctuaries, bird parks, temples, Island Tours and a variety of outdoor activities you can experience during your Holiday.
The beautiful beaches of Phuket are its crown glory, there are around 30 outstanding beautiful beaches and we have listed some of the best beaches you must experience while in Phuket:
– Nai Harn Beach: The peak season from November to April makes it a favorite hunt for swimmers. On the contrary, the calm seas are taken over by strong undercurrent from May to October, which makes it fit for surfers and kite-boarders.
– Kata Noi Beach: With breathtaking views the Kata Noi Beach remains occupied with sundowners. Baan Chom View and Small View Point share a relaxing and engaging aura with bars lined up along the way.
– Karon beach: Suffused with tourists, local folks and numerous cafes, resorts and restaurants, the shoreline of Karon emerges with exuberance. Snorkeling and diving are famous fun sports, which crop up on the southern end of the beach. Couples can also charter a private speedboat to pass through islands while indulging in snorkelling breaks and a cozy picnic on beaches.
Apart from the beaches of Phuket here are some of the other beautiful places you should visit:
Phuket Bird Park
Occupying an area of 12 acres, Phuket bird park is a privately owned bird zoo located in the Chalong district of Phuket. This park is a bird paradise with over 1000 birds of around 100 species from different continents including Asia, Africa, and South America. The setting of the park is given with a resembling appearance of a natural habitat for birds and is decorated with water features and gardens. Couples can indulge in bird shows and can spend happening moments while feeding birds. The premises have 3 cafeterias, where couples can have local Thai cuisines. Other such similar halts could be Phuket fishing park, monkey hill, Phuket zoo, tiger kingdom, Seaview Elephant Camp, etc.
Cultural Destination – Big Buddha
Couples interested in spiritual traveling can travel to Big Buddha. The gigantic figurine of Lord Buddha featured on top of the Nakkerd Hills between Chalong and Kata, is one of the most visited spots having its own cultural value. Resting on a height of 45 meters, it presents an overwhelming 360-degree view of Phuket Town, Karon, Kata, Chalong Bay and other nearby areas. Make sure you are dressed up well, keeping the spirituality in mind. To elaborate on the spiritual legacy of Phuket Wat Chalong, Suwan Khiri Wong Temple, Wat Phra Thong, Wat Khao Rang, Holy Trinity Church, etc. are some of the best options.
Shopping in Phuket
– Jungceylon is one of the best shopping complex and mega malls with all facilities like massage parlors, entertainment centers, international restaurants, and food outlets, etc.
– Naka market is where couples can grab the latest fashion accessories, apparel, both branded and non-branded, at considerably low prices.
– Karon temple market – This small-scaled market takes place in front of the Karon temple on Thursday and Friday eves. Here, Thai art and craft items, Thai handicrafts, and natural cosmetic products are the key grabs for couples and that too at best prices.
Furthermore even during the monsoons it doesn’t rain everyday or all day, a lot of days the weather is clear, the ocean calm and there are a variety of Phuket tours you can undertake via Big Boat, Speedboat or Catamaran to beautiful Islands around Phuket like Phi Phi, Phang Nga, James Bond, Raya and Coral Islands.
The bottom line – Phuket is one of the best romantic destinations for a honeymoon couple even during its low season, between April and November termed as the low season. With convenient conveyance, pocket-friendly hotels and resorts, reasonable flight fairs, exceptional sightseeing destinations and impeccable service, Phuket is one place which is a year round holiday destination one simply cannot ignore.
Apart from Phuket, Bangkok, the capital of the Thai Kingdom and the commercial nerve center, is another very popular cosmopolitan hotspot for Honeymooning couples. Bangkok also boasts of a variety of excursions, sightseeing and architectural marvels one can experience during their stay. Some of the popular Bangkok tours include Day tours to beautiful Temples, the Safari World, the Floating Markets, the Dreamworld, the Rose Garden, Ayutthaya, the Erawan national park, the River Kwau Bridge to name a few.